Program Assistant, Family Nutrition Program
Kimberly has been a Program Assistant with the Family Nutrition Program since 2014. She enjoys teaching nutrition, the importance of physical activity, food safety, and cooking skills to low income families in Frederick, Winchester, Shenandoah, Clarke, Warren, and Page Counties. Her Super Pantries consist of an 8-week program, "Eating Smart * Being Active", which discusses such topics as physical activity, planning meals, making healthier food choices while saving money, the importance of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, building strong bones, lean proteins, reducing sodium, fats, and sugars. These 8-week programs follow the United States Dietary Guidelines and the "My Plate" program and is designed to make positive changes in the lives of the participants and their families. Kimberly practices good nutrition in her own life and knows the positive effects it can have. She is proud to be part of this program and be able to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- 2002 - Associates in Applied Science: Lord Fairfax Community College - Information Systems Technology/Microcomputer Specialization
- 2002 - Associates in Applied Science: Lord Fairfax Community College - Information Systems Technology/Computer Programming
- 2002 - Associates in Applied Science: Lord Fairfax Community College - Information Systems Technology/Networking
- 2002 - Career Studies Certificate: Web Publishing
- Kimberly worked for the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank Network at the Lord Fairfax Branch for three years from 2006-2009 helping to supply food to area agencies and food pantries for low income families.
- (540) 665-5699